Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Soccer balls, candy, elections, and prayer

I was talking with one of the missionaries in Zambia today about needs, including items and prayer. I didn't get a lot from him other than basic school supplies (pencils, spiral notebooks, etc...), candy, and soccer balls. He said they really go through soccer balls and can always use them. I had already picked up 2 today but if anyone has any used ones in decent shape, we could probably take those too. His main item on the prayer front was for stability in the city as the national elections were held yesterday. Votes are being tallied and he's prayerfully hopeful there will not be any issues. Great, just in time for us to show up! :-)

From what I've read, it's a fairly stable situation and doesn't seem to have much unrest although there were some recent demonstrations that turned ugly leading up to the elections yesterday. So I'd ask for prayer for the citizens and the process in the coming days. I'm also asking for prayer for the children and the native staffers we will be working with, that they'll be receptive to us and we are able to serve them appropriately.

We've made some modest headway on fundraising but have quite a ways to go. We'll still be raising funds upon returning. If you are wanting to partner with us, you can do so here: http://www.razoo.com/story/Changetheirstory

I'll be trying to update everyone while we're there as time and access permits.


Thanks for everyone's continued interest in our trip. I'm looking forward to sharing upon our return!

No comments:

Post a Comment