Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mamby Pamby Land

I know God is a loving and gracious God, but some days I have to wonder if he wouldn't rather respond to our sniveling more in this manner? I know we sure do with our kids and it's hard not to, especially during especially stressful times.

You know like when your back yard is being ripped up by a back hoe because no one can figure out where your families' personal business is flowing to and the estimate before even breaking ground would purchase a steady used car for your driver to be teenage daughter. Then getting the boo boo face from your 5 year old because you wouldn't just "drop by" and pick up a brand new Wii game while on a run to the grocery store for milk, I want to just drop the old drill sarge on them some days!

I can only imagine my reactions if placed on the throne next to God watching our daily lives unfold.

Thoughts wafting up to heaven:

"I hate this mini-van, it's so uncool and constantly needs upkeep"
"I need a new flat screen, i can't go another college football season without watching it in HD"
"I hate cleaning this house, it's too big to keep up with, we need a full time maid"
"Why are these children asking so many dang questions, they sure are needy"
"Everyone in the neighborhood has been to the beach at least once already this summer, why can't we go?"

God:
I sacrificed my Son for you.

If i was sitting there I'd be rolling my eyes like i do at my kids and telling them to stop wallowing in Mamby Pamby land and get some perspective.

Note to self: see above....

No comments:

Post a Comment